Terms and Conditions for Trybe membership
General terms for Trybe membership
- Trybe Membership is established between Trybe AS, org.no. 896 210 262, Ruseløkkveien 26, N-0251 Oslo, Norway ("Trybe") and each member ("Member"). The Trybe Membership is personal for the individual member and is established by setting up an account at trybe.com. Personal membership means that only the person with the registered account can utilize the membership.
- Persons under the age of 15 cannot establish accounts at Trybe. Nor can any legal persons, i.e. various types of companies, establish member accounts.
About Trybe and what the Member shall do
- Trybe grants its members the opportunity to receive information about and test products for free provided that the Member shares his/her honest opinion about the product and answer survey questions. In some cases, other incentives e.g. vouchers may be given as substitutes for actual products.
- The Member may apply for testing a product. Products for which the Member may apply will be posted on the Trybe website or sent/suggested to members in other forms for communication (as stated in section 3). The member’s interaction with Trybe may consist in the Member answering questions and/or sharing his/her opinion about the product with Trybe.
- The Member chosen will receive the product by mail, by personal appearance, through email or other digital channels (e.g. vouchers or digital products)
- Trybe may encourage Members to share their opinion of the product via Trybe's website. Any Member generated public material on the website will only be visibly linked with the Member’s first name.
- Trybe understands that Members may not like the products received and tested. If so, you are welcome and encouraged to give your honest opinion. However, Members are not allowed to give statements that are untrue or contrary to law or describe the product in an incriminating way even if the experience is negative. This may result in a notification or exclusion from Trybe. Trybe retains the right to edit opinions that violates these terms.
Contact between Trybe and the Member
- When a Member has registered an account with information the Member grants permission to Trybe to contact the Member via e-mail, other digital channels and/or SMS. For this purpose, the Member must give Trybe correct and updated information, including name and address.
- To ensure that the Member receives physical products, Trybe may choose to send these directly to the Member’s home address.
- To be able to provide Members with relevant offers and to send products for review, it is important that Members keep their contact information and preferences registered at Trybe updated.
Registration, use and storage of personal data
- When establishing the account the Member is encouraged to provide various information such as, but not limited to, name address, age and product preferences.
- Should there be any information demanded in the Trybe registration form that the Member does not want to reply to, Trybe will respect this, but it may limit Trybe's ability to suggest appropriate products that the Member could test. Member profiles that are lacking information may also be deemed incomplete and can potentially exclude the Member in a product application process.
- Trybe will quality assure the information given by the Member, but will only store address information (including IP address), and the information provided by the Member himself/herself. Information provided by the Member will only be communicated to a third party in anonymized form, e.g. "female age 20, first digit of post code (or similar), with interests cooking, design and traveling, income 200-400k NOK per year, has a dog". All communication to the Member will be communicated by Trybe, unless the Member explicitly has consented otherwise.
- Trybe will use the information and feed-back from the Member to analyse and select campaigns and products that supposedly will be of interest to the individual Member.
- All information and open text comments provided by the Member may be used publicly and/or for commercial purposes in anonymized form by Trybe and Trybe's business partners.
- Trybe may change these Terms and Conditions. The Member shall be notified of the changes as soon as practicably possible.
- Trybe reserves the right to delete a Member's account if it is likely that the Member harms the activity of Trybe or Trybe's relationship with its business partners.
- Trybe may transfer rights and obligations regarding the Member to another legal entity without the consent of the Member.
- The Member shall treat log-on data confidentially. If the Member suspects any misuse of the account, you must notify Trybe immediately.
Limitation of Liability
- The Member cannot claim compensation from Trybe for damages or inconvenience resulting from testing of products.
- In no event will a party be liable for special, incidental or consequential damages resulting from access, use or malfunction of the services, including but not limited to, damages to property, loss of goodwill, computer failure or malfunction and, to the extent permitted by law, damages for personal injuries, property damage, loss of data, lost profits or punitive damages from any causes of action arising out of or related to these Terms and Conditions.
- Any disputes regarding the Trybe Terms and Conditions are governed by Norwegian law.
- Disputes shall be settled by Norwegian courts.